Thread: Bridge parking
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I don't know if you would consider me that, we are in TV about 10-15 days a month, and will start fulltime 1 July this year, as I retire 4 June. Start terminal leave 7 April, so will also be down more then the 10-15 days a month. Matter of fact heading down to TV for St Pats in a few hours!
We don't get much snow in Alabama! Just every once in awhile. And in the warmer months actually, TV is cooler then Alabama!

Army Guy
Just ribbing you a little Army Guy. I grew up in Alabama near Ft. Rucker. Two kinds of people we didn't like.1) Yankees and 2)Army guys. Army guys from the north were especially disliked.
Later on I became both. Go figure.
Believe it or not it's often hotter in New York during the summer than in TV. The humidity is usually much lower though. Same for Alabama. I have a lot of family in Florida, a little ways south of TV. As a kid I hated it when my parents made me go visiting during the summer. The heat was pretty similar but the humidity was much worse. Then in the afternoon often it would rain and cool things down some. I couldn't wait to get back north to Alabama. That was in the days before everything was air conditioned.