Thread: Traitors??
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Wendyquat...we experienced the same reaction from our family and friends. I think it's more of a "We don't want you to go" thing without actually saying the words. It's easier for people to make noise about you being a traitor.
We fell in love with the Villages and tried explaining why but it fell upon deaf ears. Even when our house was on the depressed market after 3 years...my daughter was laughing...saying "you're never gonna sell!" SURPRISE!!! We got a contract. Boy was everyone surprised....especially my daughter. She was more in shock than anything else. It had become reality.. we were leaving her. My other concern was my 82 year old Father was being left in NJ. I hope to get him here to visit by Father's Day! We closed and moved here last April..sent pictures of our new home with all of our new furniture. We were proud of our new home. No one made any comments... it was a big let down for us. But we are here, we love it, have made many friends and are happy we made the move. My daughter and her family have not been here to visit yet. I understand they can't take off from their jobs and traveling is a big expense these days. I just hope they will eventually. I miss them everyday. We purchased a webcam so we can get to see our babies ( the best thing we did). Don't let them discourage you... you will not regret the move. It's a piece of paradise here. Good luck!