View Single Post

Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,
I know you are very honest in your viewpoints on TSA technology. You have all kinds of articles that are against the scanners and pat-downs. Precisely, what do you recommend as the best form of detecting weapons or explosives from being taken onto planes? We are currently supposed to arrive at airports 2 hours before a flight, I believe. How early would passengers have to arrive for some of these plans?

Airlines must understand that certain types of passengers are "red flags". These are cash-paying at the last minute passengers; I am all for profiling for racial or nationality types based on appearance, dress, or demeanor; and denying flight to these people. Not politically correct by any means but my viewpoint. Please respect my opinion.
I don't have all the answers Tbugs. I just know that the intrusion on American citizens personal privacy without probable cause is against everything we stand for in this country, and it kills me how many people are willing to let the government to anything to them, and especially to their children, all in the name of a false sense of security.

I'm a God fearing retired truck driver. I'm not a security expert. I just think I know what is wrong when I see it. From what I've read though, it seems the Israelis have a good system that doesn't degrade their people the way our system degrades us. Some people say it'll cost too much. Well, I'd like to see it discussed in the halls of Congress. Lobbyists are making a fortune selling these machines and they're pouring money into the pockets of politicians to force this down our throats (or should I say down our pants?)

For now, I don't fly. My wife is going to fly up to celebrate our granddaughter's 1st birthday soon and I'm not going as I can't face the 18 hour drive up there again so soon, and with my medical implants, I won't face the gestapo at the airport. I don't need the stress.

Did you see where the x-ray machines were emitting 10X the radiation they told us? We're being used, abused and lied to.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...test-bungling/