Thread: Urban Flats
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

GBUELL, good to hear from Urban Flats at Lake Sumter Landing that it is not going away.

I (and many others) were disappointed that your restaurant cancelled Trivia Nights. The restaurant was always packed and you seemed to do a land office business selling food and drinks. Then a few weeks ago, a $5 FOOD minimum was also requested per person. That seemed to back the kitchen up so bad (and I also heard there was a physical altercation between cooks) during that time. The following week was when it was announced you were cancelling Trivia Night.

I really think it was a big mistake on your part to require the FOOD minimum. If you had said FOOD OR DRINK, there would be no problem since it seemed as though most people were drinking well over $5 worth. You even could have raised to a minimum FOOD OR DRINK order of $7.50 or $10 and still kept up the good service without overtaxing the kitchen staff.

Hope to get back to Trivia Night at your restaurant as soon as possible. Don't price it too high if you go with a buffet. Personally, I would suggest the food requirement be dropped and just a minimum per person of their choice of food or drink. Drinks are the money maker - even at your great prices.