View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I could not find that article by googling, so if you have a reference I would love to see the details.

Let me preface this by saying I almost exclusively golf at courses inside TV. I love packing a few beverages and a sandwich, putting on my "spikes" in the garage and driving to the course in my golf cart. I truly love being in TV and the golf is a big reason.

That said, it is hard for me to argue that TV courses are not a bit more expensive than other local courses, e.g. Eagle Ridge, Stonecrest, Stone Creek and others folks post about all of the time. To compare costs to anywhere else in the US is apples and oranges for me. As a consumer, I am more than willing to pay that difference for the convenience.

Do I think the higher cost is greed? No. I think it is a price based on supply and demand to maintain the courses for the year. If it was greed the prices would be pushed up until play went down during the winter. As someone that loves the convenience I mentioned above I am not sure where my breaking point for price would be before I went outside. On the other hand here comes May, I can play Palmer after 11 AM for $15'ish (I say ish as I do not remember actual cost)
I agree AJ - and no one here mentions the cost of the executive courses - which (if you walk them ) are FREE!!!

I also am willing to pay for the convenience. I work full time and want to get out on the course on weekends and have a cocktail on my lanai after... I don't want to be driving to another course etc. I guess I may feel differently about this when i retire.

The Morse family is not perfect. They may be greedy. But I still thank them for their vision that was started by Mr. Schwartz... and carried on..