Thread: A vent.....
View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

wish i had been there, pooh! but i was policing spanish springs square!

it's bad enough that i smoke...so i tror over to the alley netween athens and too jays - so that i can use the ash tray by too jays and not have to hear the almost quiet snorts and comments of non-smokers in the square.

so tonite as we enjoyed our too jays sandwiches at a table outside near the corner i nearly went berserk when i saw a youngster around 12/13 yrs old first leave a soda can under his mother's chair and later let a sno-cone type paper cone fall to the ground behind another at their table! mind you, tonite i had smoked my cigs among friends and carefully doused them with water to insure they were out and had placed them in our collection of trash.

as for the litterer...i went over to the table when they were preparing to leave and were gathering their trash from the table top...i used my sweet but stern voice to suggest to the youngster that he pick up his refuse to add to the table's collection.

well, the mom in her gasping breath was all "what, what, what!!!" and the grandfather mean while simply looked at me and thanked me for letting him know that the trash was there.

my friends, of course, thought i was nuts - as i am sure that mother did; but i had a good warm feeling that i had brought attention to someone's poor manners and total lack of concern for others and the environment and our town square ambiance.

i hope the kid and his mother remember the embarrasment in the future!

the water pistol posse gives me a whole new picture of trash collection! you go girls!