View Single Post

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Trying to cut down on sugar intake....Is there ANYTHING that is a good snack that is NOT loaded with sugar....I must be living under a rock, had NO idea that cereal is LOADED with sugar...

Fiber-one bran is to best choice with fat free milk. It will taste like cardboard but you will get use to it just like sugar-free jelly and sugar free syrup.

I nibble on almonds. A handful or so. I also eat Yoplait light yogurt that is fat free.

The sugar content in yogurt is not processed the same as regular sugar as it is a milk type product or so a doctor who was diabetic himself told me at one time.

Toast using Muli-grain bread with sugar-free jelly and a cup of tea with Splenda. Use fat-free milk.

A apple is a good snack. I also eat a small bowl of oatmeal on occasion with a packet of Splenda. Original Quaker Oats and not the package type oatmeal that contains too much sugar.

I look at all labels for less than 10 grams of sugar per serving and less than 3% of fat per 100 calories, (3 grams of fat per 100 calories).

IMHO - I found that when I cut down on my sugar intake, the taste of high sugar products was somewhat yucky.

Hope this helps you!!!!