Thread: Flooring Colors
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum member

Sometimes the store will let you take home samples. Ask. Even if you have to put a deposit down, it is usually refundable or can be applied to your purchase.

Place them next to your baseboards, and leave them in place for a day or two. See how they look at different times of the day. What may look good in the daylight may look completely different when the lights are on at night.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but most often it's the lady of the house you need to appeal to when it comes to a kitchen.
Got a neighbor, friend or real estate person (female) who is willing to view your selections down on the floor? Ask for feedback!

Now I know that most guys will just want to get it completed and be done with this kind of project, so my suggestion may sound like a pain in the drain, BUT most real estate articles I've read say that it's the kitchen that usually sells the home. Taking a few days and being patient with this extra step could be a benefit for you in the long run. You want your efforts to be maximized, right?