View Single Post

Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
"One dead rodent" is a far cry from "......overrun by RATS."
As a person with over 30 years of quality assurance experience in the pharmaceutical industry, I know that when you spot dead vermin, it is evidence of a much larger problem. Both places sounded filthy. A dead rat, rat droppings on the cookware, cockroaches crawling in the kitchen are all indicative of a big problem. Remember, these animals and insects are pretty good at staying hidden. I am guessing that if one were to read the health dept. reports for most restaurants, they would probably list a multitude of sins in even the cleanest restaurants. But inspections that result in the immediate closing of a facility have to be pretty bad. Shame on the management of those facilities. I bet that instituting proper procedures for cleaning would have cost them a lot less than the loss of immediate revenue from the closing and any revenue they may lose going forward from damaged reputation. I am hoping that they react properly (i.e. not make excuses) and make the procedural and personnel changes that are required to run a spotlessly clean facility in the future. It is what is required of them both ethically and legally.