View Single Post

Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 PM
n/a

I'm not a fan of Obama, obviously, but I'm not a fan of this article either. The writer is very presumptuous to think he knows what's best for America, and in his naiveté he thought Obama would be a great president because he was not white.

I agree with his observation that Obama is a master of deflecting all opinions and actions so that no one has any idea what he really thinks his or what the country's role should be, in any important way, concerning world events, such as in his unclear position on Libya. I don't want the U.S. to put it's fortunes and personnel at risk for a country that will turn against us when it's strife is all over. Libya is guaranteed to do so whatever leadership is in control when it's "all over". Our president seems to be loathe to offend anyone, and so he disappoints everyone.

This euro-centric and presumptuous writer also thinks he know what Americans really want when he say "we still don't realize we want" socialized medicine, and his opinion that we need to overcome our "love affair" with the automobile. Well, on these statements, he can kiss my American butt, and stay out of our affairs. This from a man who lives in a country who's citizens "worship" an out of power monarchy and pour untold millions of tax dollars into this ludicrous theatre of the past.

He's correct that Obama's administration is mainly concerned, domestically, with getting reelected in 2012, but that would be true of any administration in power.