View Single Post

Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich_Duval View Post
I would agree make the showings by appointment only and get a cat carrier so you can take her with you.

I believe that is the safest way, so you know your kitty will still be with you in your new home.

Best of luck!
This is a great idea. I caged my cats when the house was shown and it worked out fine.

I took my cats to my vet in NJ, who also boards cats, while my house was packed for the move to TV so I didn't have to worry about them being upset with the commotion. They all had physicals and shots updated, and on the morning of my drive to TV they were all given mild sedatives and loaded in their cage in the back of the car and mostly dosed the entire 18 hours down which we drove in one trip, changing drivers as needed.

By the time we reached TV they were alert and wide eyed and curious.

It all worked out wonderfully and now my cats are kings of the lanai where you will see them stretched out in the sun on most occasions.