View Single Post

Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
n/a

JimJoe

Thank you for your post. I agree with you 100%. We need to take care of our hungry children, unemployed and sick.

I'm appalled by the many cut backs our government has implemented at the expense of fellow Americans, yet our government finds the money for war in the middle east.

I understand why we are at war - OIL. We could find alternative energy sources and break our dependence on OIL. I understand that war stimulates the economy, even though the loss of life always occurs, but hey, the economy is stimulated. It's stimulated at who's expense?

I may seem liberal, conservative or you can tag me whatever you want. But I love my country, I love being a Free American Woman. I lived in Iran 1977-1978 and travelled extensively throughout the middle east.

One of the profound things I discovered about myself, was that I lived in a country that had fought and established a constitution based on freedom. When I came home from the middle east, I was so grateful to be home, I looked at my world completely differently. I started a business, Women can have a business in our country. I divorced my husband, Women can get a divorce in our country. I had a voice, a vote, an opinion because our country
went through a revolution and we established a constitution.

I believe we need to let these countries establish their own form of government or constitutions without our interference. Allow these countries the dignity to evolve in the manner they need to, not in the image of America. The American way is not for everyone, we are a unique country, a unique people. We are a composite of many cultures thus more tolerant of each other most of the time.

My opinion is just my opinion, thank God that I do have a voice in this wonderful country we call The United States of America.