Thread: Cortisone Shots
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
Hi Barefoot-
Thanks so much for your post! I love to read all of the posts now too (I'm sure it is because I am aging as well). I guess if someone isn't interested they can just skip the post. Certainly, don't want to turn into my grandmother who would go on and on about what ails her. The people on TOTV provide such wisdom and really help cut down on the doctor visits. I too have sufferred from piriformis syndrome and you have to stretch the pyriformis muscle, take antiflammatories and muscle relaxers. Get a tennis ball and roll on the muscle as well. If you have piriformis syndrome your gluet (sp) muscle will be tender to the touch. A good Chiropractor helps as well!
I'm reading this a couple of days before I'm to have a shot in my L4 and L5..have had significant sciatica for a few years with 2 or 3 "attacks" that really were bad. This last time was excruciating! I saw a neurosurgeon and also had a "burst" of steroids, muscle relaxants and vicodin (I think). I've heard the pro's and con's of the shot AND surgery (if warranted) this Piriformis Syndrome isn't something I've ever heard of. Might have to ask the doc about it!! I see people all over T.V. who seem to walk a bit like I do, so I'd bet back issues affect a large percentage of people who are aging. Oh...I've had the same diagnosis from MORE than one doc. I have "degenerative disc disease" and bone spurs and disc/bulging. Also have a condition called "spondylolythesis (too long to give the explanation of what it is). I see a chiropractor regularily and also get massages when I can!