View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Smile

yanklib: I too asked the same question right here on this forum about acceptance before moving down here, and I can proudly say I have had a very warm welcome since moving down to The Villages from NY/NJ 7 months ago. As others have already said, it's not so much how you look that matters here, it's how you relate and interact with others - I have made terrific friends with folks right here on this forum, in all the exercise classes and social activities I go to and just about everywhere I turn (mind you, I am very outgoing!). I do wish there was more diversity in many activities I go to, but that never stops me from going nor from interacting with the attendees. Matter of fact, I love being "one of the regulars" in the activities I participate in, and never feel as "the odd man out" in any way. Regarding mixed couples, to be honest, I haven't seen too many but there are a few.

So, if you like meeting new people, have a passion for life, and a strong sense of community don't give it any more thought - just come on down, and you will have the time of your life! Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like more info.