View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Sage
Default Disappointing to hear

This is really disappointing to hear. The extent of our dining experience at Tierra this winter is my wife and I sometimes split a Reuben after golf at the bar, no complaints to date, but hardly the same thing as dining out. We were looking forward to dining there soon after what happened last Sunday.

Something nice happened to us after golf as we were sitting at the bar for our post round ...ummmm... golf analysis. Along comes a gentleman named Pete who introduced himself as the owner. He was very gracious, he told us many stories, some about the place since he had taken over and how bad (and dirty) it was before and how good (he felt) it is now. As we chatted he brought some Irish soda bread (warm) and later cream puff for each of us (another bad diet day in TV for Alan). Both were very good. He says his crab cakes are spectacular.... We really enjoyed his company and were looking forward to trying the place out.

We are working on finding a night when "the gang" could make it at a time when there would not be loud music (does anyone really like loud music with dinner??). This thread has cooled my enthusiasm a bit. My wife and I will still try the Tierra experience for ourselves, but maybe not invite the whole gang until we have verified it is any good.

Thanks for the insights, next time I see Pete I will make sure he knows of TOTV!