View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane52 View Post
Where else in the country can a person make a right turn from the LEFT lane??? Last month a guy in a jacked up double pickup with tractor wheels almost killed me. I was planning to go straight and entered the circle in the right lane. The guy in the monster truck entered the circle in the left lane after I did (he was behind my left tail light) but then he was in a BIG hurry and stomped on the gas to pass me and turn right zooming right in front of me, right when I started to pass the right turnoff. It was horrifying....if I had reacted 1 second later, he would have run right over the top of me and my car.

I have tried to explain this and warn visitors and our grown kids, but I don't think anybody realizes how such a deadly thing can be permitted in a place that otherwise is better planned/constructed than any other city we've ever lived in. Until you're almost a victim of it, it's hard to picture the disaster this can be.

How many people have to be killed before somebody corrects these as Ed suggests?
Dear Jane52: I live in Jersey and almost always have to make a left from the right lane and sometimes have to drive several blocks around to do it. When we first moved here from NY, we would get lost on the long trips around to find the turn lane. We always joke about that being the reason gas is less expensive in Jersey!