View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Tbugs, having lived in California, I don't get the analogy. I've always thought that people who live directly on a fault line (think Modesto) are complete and total idiots. So, yes, I would blame the victim if they died because they chose to live on a known fault line.

In this case, I do believe the victim has to take some of the responsibility. If the luggage had been left outside by the garage door or the front door, then there would have been no question that it was not trash. However, if left by the end of driveway, it was basically saying it was there for the taking. It really is a common practice in TV to take items left at the end of the driveway -- whether trash day or not. Look back to posts here where people have been told to just leave old TVs, etc. out and they would be gone the next day.

As to your attitude that you would have the right to shoot someone picking through your trash, good luck! I'm not too convinced you would have a leg to stand on a court of law, even in Florida.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein