View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
From what I've read, these people are not actually members of a church but members of one family calling themselves a "church" with a self-appointed "minister".
Westboro Baptist is a church, but it is true that the majority of members are from the Phelps family. Fred Phelps is the "minister", and the head of the family. Fred is a disbarred lawyer, and Margie, his daughter is a practicing attorney, who loves to litigate against anyone who tries to stand in their way. We lived on a small farm near Topeka, where I worked, and went to church at First Lutheran. First Lutheran was ELCA, which voted a few years ago to ordain gay clergy. As a result the good folks of Westboro spent many of their Sundays, not in their own church, but picketing ours from across the street. The Phelps are seen so often picketing various things in Topeka that they are almost a disgusting but everpresent part of the landscape. I have long beleived that Freddie is a latent homosexual pedophile, who acts out to disguise his true character. Of course I could be wrong.