View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
OK - I am going to throw in a bit of realism here. I personally know some of the posters that are saying we are beyond all this - and they truly are. When I was teaching adult ed in New Haven, one of my students gave me a wonderful compliment - that I didn't care if someone was black, white, brown or green - I just wanted to help them learn.

TV is like many places on this wonderful earth and in this fabulous country of ours. There are people with and without prejudices. I have a gay son and a Muslim son in law. I once was, but am no longer, a Republican. I am adopted. I have heard slurs here in TV against gays, against Muslims, and against adopted children. I was told that my political beliefs (which are fiscally conservative, but socially moderate) are extreme.

I am not a negative person - I hope Gracie and PT will confirm this.

I am thinking that most of us (me included!!!!) will welcome you with open arms - but while this is very close to paradise - it is not Nirvana.
Confirmed! I love Kate and who wouldn't. She's smart, fun, funny and has great values.