View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Default Oliver Sighting

Someone saw Oliver in the last 2 days near the Glenbrook postal station. I have had other reports of people seeing him there or nearby as well. Each time I have gone to the Glenbrook postal station Oliver has not been there.

Please be aware that there are two orange tabby cats in the vicinity. Oliver is one, and the other is a long-hair orange cat.

The long hair cat is feral. I know as I earlier found him in a humane trap. I had him neutered and vaccinated against various feline issues, including rabies. When the vets do that to feral cats, they "tip"one ear to indicate that particular kitty has already been neutered. This is visible from a distance. Oliver's ears, by contrast, are in tact (or at least they were the last time I saw him...). The tipping lets the viewer know that this particular cat has already been taken care of and is feral. Against my better judgment, I was told to re-release him in roughly the same neighborhood he was trapped in, which was in the general vicinity of Glenbrook.

If you decide to approach Oliver, I'd suggest you very, very quietly and slowly approach him and extend a couple of fingers first. That way, in the way most cats do, he can "sniff you out first. Oliver is a domesticated cat so he won't run if you approach him slowly. A feral will take off like a rocket the moment they see a human and./or a human with a dog, or hear a human say hello.

What I need someone to do is to try and get Oliver into a container or enclosed space so I can come pick him up. That could be a cardboard box, a carrier, or a small enclosed space. If it is a box, please just make certain Oliver can breathe. If you have a little bit of dry cat food to entice him that might help. I am certain he must be quite hungry.

I still miss my little Ollie so much and appreciate all the good people of The Villages.