View Single Post

Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

[quote=Shirleevee;340710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Kate, I'm with you. To say or imply that everyone will welcome someone "different" is not accurate. I don't care how perfect a place is, how ethnically diverse it is, how wonderful the people are, there will always be some who are prejudiced and non-accepting. I've gotten grief here for adopting a child, for being a liberal, for caring about my Muslim friend, for loving my gay friend. Nothing major but enough to make me realize that people are people regardless of where you live.

That being said, I do believe that the vast majority in TV are accepting. They really don't care about your color, your political beliefs, your income, your status. They care that you care about your home and take care of it. They care that you smile and love TV as much as they do. They care that you want to take care of this wonderful community. It ain't perfect here, but it is dang good.[/QUOT

My observations are that the majority in TV are accepting. There are a few who are not, and I think I have encountered some of them.
Shirlee, PT, Red and Gracie - thanks for your comments and support...

Yank, if you come to visit send me a PM - we will have you over - with many of these other fine folks for the best pizza south of New Haven...