Thread: Activating mail
View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Mail

I just phoned the Lady Lake post office and told them that we would be in town on the 31st and to please start delivering then.

We did not have our mail forwarded for the 2 months we are down, but when we go back north at the end of May, they stop delivering when the box gets full. Any mail that isn't picked up gets sent back to sender.

We only get deliveries when we are in TV that we order when we are in TV and everything else including utility bills gets sent to our northern address. I call in to the utilities when I am in TV so that the payments stay current and I telephone bank the bills from up north. In November we have the taxes sent to the TV address as we are down again in the fall for 2 months.

If you are down for any longer, it may be more difficult to manage payments at both locations. Most of the mail we get is bills and they can be managed by phone in either location.

We use Citizen's bank for our TV bills and they mail out the cheques to anywhere. It's a really great service online.

Hope this is helpful.

LW888