View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb902 View Post
If you decide to approach Oliver, I'd suggest you very, very quietly and slowly approach him and extend a couple of fingers first. That way, in the way most cats do, he can "sniff you out first. Oliver is a domesticated cat so he won't run if you approach him slowly. A feral will take off like a rocket the moment they see a human and./or a human with a dog, or hear a human say hello.

What I need someone to do is to try and get Oliver into a container or enclosed space so I can come pick him up. That could be a cardboard box, a carrier, or a small enclosed space. If it is a box, please just make certain Oliver can breathe. If you have a little bit of dry cat food to entice him that might help. I am certain he must be quite hungry.

I still miss my little Ollie so much and appreciate all the good people of The Villages.
Your last note brought tears to my eyes. You have done so much good for the feral cats and now Ollie is lost. Do you think that putting a humane trap at the Post Office once again would trap Oliver if he is in the vicinity? He would be hungry and he may go for it. I'm praying that he is found soon.