View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
The Daily Sun is a fine little hometown paper. It comes out every day, is very inexpensive, has great comedic editorials and columnists (Ollie North, Ann Coulter), and has enough news to be interesting but not depressing. The human interest items are fun to read, too.

If you want to read a paper with more substantive material, go online to New York Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, or even the hometown papers from whence you came. That is a good alternative to do or in addition to the Daily Sun.
I read the Sun with my coffee every morning. I like it.

It is much better than the community news that we got once a week back in West Chester, Ohio but not as good as our Daily Cincinnati Enquirer. However... Cincinnati is a LOT bigger than The Villages.

It has a lot of interesting stuff from the AP wire as well.

It also has columns and columnists from surrounding communities, which I think is kinda nice since it is a vehicle for the developer of The Villages.

I particularly like to see all of the fun that others are having here. AND the interesting lives people have led before they arrived here.

I think that the article may have allowed people to think that it was picked up by the trash people. Be it the big truck or the other guys who come and pick up things from the curb. Which it well could have been...picked up by a scavenger.

We won't know. The person that has it knows. Keeping it is stealing, just as talk host says....

in my very humble opinion.

I never have $5000 worth of stuff in my checked luggage. If I have something valuable, I carry it in my purse. I think we need to learn from this.