View Single Post

Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Just got the word Saturday

after keeping us (marybb and I) in suspense for a week. The appraisal came in at what the buyers needed, and their final financing has been approved. Our realtor said it’s a done deal, and that we can start packing! It was really nerve racking because we got what we wanted for our house, and me being the eternal optimist, figured the bank would never appraise it that high. Go figure!The ABF Relo Cubes will be here on the 8th, and we have until the 14th to fill them and ship them out. The hard part is that we are making two and a half moves (waiting for the Charlie Sheen jokes). The first move is getting about half of the furniture and furnishing into an apartment for my daughter. Then we move our things into the cubes and ship them out. In between, we have to figure out who may want the rest of the stuff, and what to do with what’s left. Our home in TV is already furnished, so it’s mostly clothing, my television and electronics, power and hand tools, a couple of accent chairs for the M.B., etc. It’s really tough to throw things out in our town, because you have to make an appointment for larger items and they charge $10 an item, plus they make you wait a month. And you can’t just bag trash and leave it at the curb, it has to be in special town bags at $2 a bag that can’t be overstuffed. Anyway, it’ll all get done somehow, we just don’t know how yet. We’ll be leaving Mass. On May 15th, and depending on how well the cat travels, should be in TV the 16th or 17th for good! Now if we can just get through these next couple of weeks with our sanity, we’ll see you at Crispers in May!