View Single Post

Old 03-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again. If you hold a charitable event on TV property, whether a rec center or the Polo Fields or wherever, a portion of the proceeds goes to Moffitt. Period. That's the present policy. It is what it is. I don't agree with it, but it's the Morse's land and the developer has a right to do and say what will be done on it. We may not like it but there are alternatives -- either give Moffitt a share or hold it elsewhere.

When reading the original post, I did think this might be too much for TV to handle. It is not just a golf fest or a parade. It is a viewing that will bring many from outside of TV. It is a parade. It is a dinner/dance. It is a lot of things going on. I would love to see it happen but I can certainly see where it might not be feasible. I wonder if TV would be more amenable if it were scaled down. Also, why couldn't the wall be erected by the VA Center and the parade held around one of the squares or the Veteran's Memorial or the Polo Fields?

I doubt we will hear TV's reasons for ultimately turning it down, but this is one time where there might be some truly valid reasons regardless of how much we would like to see it occur.
Intelligent and well written post Red, as usual.

The original post was also well presented.

K9lovers has the closest guess to me as to why it was refused. In my opinion.

I suggest to those who don't like the developer that it would have benefited his sale of homes.

There is so much we don't know.