View Single Post

Old 03-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
I wish the golf cars out at night would have their headlights adjusted properly. There are a lot of golf carts that you meet that have their headlights aimed directly into you eyes. It is blinding, dangerous and againist the law. On some of the roads if you meet one in your car they are blinding.

Florida State statue 316.238 states:
(a) Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within 500 feet, such driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the oncoming driver. The lowermost distribution of light, or composite beam, specified in ss. 316.237(1)(b) and 316.430(2)(b) shall be deemed to avoid glare at all times, regardless of road contour and loading.
(b) Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches another vehicle from the rear within 300 feet, such driver shall use a distribution of light permissible under this chapter other than the uppermost distribution of light specified in ss. 316.237(1)(a) and 316.430(2)(a).
(2) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

I have mentioned this before and people say, "My lights can NOT be adjusted". Is that a excuse to not obey the law? I worked on golf carts for quite a few years and this is NOT the case. Some headlights on golf carts do not have adjustments and some do. The ones that do NOT have adjustments can still be adjusted. One method is to lossen the mounting screws and space them with popsycle sticks. There are many ways to accomplish this.

Then we have the people that have added additional lights so they can blind the oncoming traffic!!! If you add extra lights put a dimmer switch on them so they can be turned off when meeting oncoming traffic!

It is just completely inconsiderate of the people who refuse to have their headlights adjusted to keep from blinding on coming traffic, weather it is another car or a golf cart. If you do NOT want to adjust them properly, QUIT DRIVING AT NIGHT, This is dangerous. You could blind the oncoming vehicle and they could hit you. So it is dangerous for both. "GET YOUR HEADLIGHTS ADJUSTED!!!!!!"
Headlights on most or older golf carts are not adjustable,unless you tinker with them yourself,they can be lowered by shimming up the top of the light or frame that holds the headlight.