View Single Post

Old 03-28-2011, 07:36 PM

I've worn Transitions for years.

If you're really interested in lenses that change, spend the extra money and get authentic Varilux Transitions lenses. Just about anyone that sells glasses offeres some type of generic transitional lens. Even at Ocala Eye, a totally reputable group, in my opinion, I had to specify "Varilux Transitions." The technician told me they sell more of another type of transitional lens, because these were so expensive. My last set, including new frames, cost right at $500. Worth every cent in my opinion.

I've always paid for the Varilux Transitions, and I've NEVER had them not work. I wore my last prescription for almost eight years. They never faded, they always changed, they never scratched, and I'd still be wearing them if the frames hadn't started to discolor and my prescription changed enough to warrant new ones. One complaint many have, especially if you have the progressive lenses, is distortion on the sides. Absolutely NO distortion with these lenses.

True, they don't change while driving the car, but I'm not in the car much here. They do change in the golf cart. Also, others have talked about a tint inside. I can put mine up against a white sheet of paper, and if there is a tint, it's beyond minimal. Even during the summer, mine get very dark. They also change to clear very quickly upon going inside.

One last thought, if you deal with a reputable supplier, if you get the lenses and are unhappy with them after 30 days, or more, they will let you replace them at no cost.