View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdeck View Post
Like everything else, don't blame the dogs blame the owners. Like was said, it's the unresponsible owner that will leave a dropping behind. Same as it's the irresponsible owner that will bring a poorly behaved dog to the square - owner needs to train the dog - the dog does not train the owner.

We are at TV to enjoy ALL parts of what is available, that being friends, mate or pet.

Also, keep in mind some of us pet owners have lost our mate and now our comfort is our pet (who by the way was always there during bad times - who is will be there for you when that time comes).

Just some thoughts but I'm sure I could be wrong...

aj
AJ - you brought up a point that I hadn't thought of. I am sorry for your loss, but glad that you have found comfort in your pet.

The entire dogs at the square stuff has been discussed many times - with usually a comment or two by Fumar, who is so far conspicuously absent.

We generally do not bring Finley in the winter, especially on Market nights or when really popular bands are playing. He is a small doggie and a lot of people and a small doggie could equal a stepped-on paw.

Please don't blame those of us who are responsible pet owners for the behavior of a few. And, while I have many allergies, I fail to see how bringing a dog to the squares would set off an allergic reaction unless someone pet a dog or the dog rubbed against them causing a transfer of dander.

Besides, Finley does not shed - (nor does Barefoot's Lolli Pup). Should they be allowed and not, for example, a collie?