View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
How about keeping the playing field level. First group comes in at 1:00PM. Orders their lunch. Second group arrives 7 minutes later, orders their lunch, etc.etc. Only one table sits empty until the last group arrives. Now, how about considering that almost always there are other tables available so that other patrons don't have to wait at all. Bottom line is that these people are using a bunch of rules that they are not smart enough to interpret with logic and good sense. Hopefully they will understand when we don't show up in the Summer when they will be crying for our business. You can't alienate us in the Winter and try to kiss our butts in the Summer. I doesn't work that way if you have any concern for who your real customers are.
I think that solution is similar to what I suggested. If you sit two or three foursomes to a table, you should be able to sit and be served fairly quickly. Heck, bring a Coke or a beer to enjoy in the parking lot while you wait.

You mention that there are available tables while you are waiting, however, whenever we are at Cane around midday it is usually packed. You also mention that in the summer the CCs need your business more as they are less crowded. That seems a bit contradictory if they are not full in the winter and not full in the summer.

The restaurants have to make money and they need to keep their help - all by selling food/beverages to golfers, red hat ladies, life style folks etc. They are not like "private" country clubs with minimum spend amounts every month.