View Single Post

Old 03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I reread all of the poss pertaining to this thread and what struck me are the many people who equate concern with being critical, never can please some poeple, unhappiness, etc. Let me begin by saying to you that I met and fell in love with my wife on my first day as a high school freshman and we have been together these long years. So no matter where I have lived I was happy because she was at my side. Secondly from a philosophical perspective I have always subscribe to the " You can embrace reality and have it work for you or ignore it and have it work against you theory." Having side that we cannot ignore this wonderful lifestyle. However, I also have never been able to ignore hypocrisy. People who live in places of incorporation, cities, towns, villages ,countires, states ,etc wouldn't hestitate to complain when government officials do not respond to their liking. Yet if someone in TV raises an issue they are naysayers, negative, never can please some people types. Never are they thought of as people who are speaking up for the benefit of villages residents.

Essentially my focus is on our form of government because it is so different but mostly because all governments realistically go awry in their planning and/or execution of plans. I thought it was called being a concerned citizen?
As that old commercial stated so well "its that simple and that complicated".
Excellent points, Rubicon. Thanks for clarifying. When you stated earlier that you wished you had rented first before buying, I was concerned-- for you-- that you regretted the decision.