View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 02:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hi Pooh

So sorry you caught NC at a bad time, if you waited another month you would have loved it....Actually Boone is home to Appalachian State University, wonderful public golf course and many cute shops...All the years we lived in NC, never enjoyed Tweetsie, grand-children were not interested, too old, just like us...giggle...Asheville is my favorite, guess you missed Biltmore Estate...Sounds like connecting to the REAL world was the straw that broke the back....Lots to put in your memory book...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Not sure where Boone is, but I'll let hubby and son know. Daughter in law loves the outdoors, but she's one of the 4 that gets carsick so not sure how well she'd do if it's a twisty ride up. Don't know why she can ride roller coasters and not get sick...or the TeaCups at Disney. Granddaughter gets vertigo with heights. Why they picked the mountains of NC for the family adventure is ??? Maybe a trip to Boone is something for Mike and me to enjoy on our own...without the kids!

Did I mention that the weather forecast the last time I looked, mentioned something about the possibility of snow flurries for Friday morning....SNOW FLURRIES !!! I'm from southern CA where we keep snow where it belongs, on the mountains....oh wait, I'm on a mountain