View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Comparing a "bad night" in a restaurant to a "bad night" at the hospital is absurde.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Smith, the heart surgeon was having a bad night, your husband is dead. I'm sure you understand, things happen. Give us another chance on another day, we really do better. Everybody has a bad day once in a while."
I couldn't figure out what you meant...Bad night at a restaurant..reread everything and then ....decided you were talking about my post.

I did say in a post on this thead.

"That is what they said? A five hour wait? Like in a restaurant? "

I meant it to sound absurd. It seems so incredible.

I was trying to envision someone saying that at a hospital. "There will be a five hour wait."

I have waited in many an emergency room, not here but in my life. I have waited for hours. I am guessing that the triage nurse did not rate my injury or my family members emergency as serious as others. But no one ever said it would be a five hour wait, or a ten hour wait.

I don't know how a staff member could gage just how long a wait it would be.

Colin was taken in right away because breathing emergencies are seen first.

As well as a bleeding emergency or a person in shock.

I never thought I was being picked on, or that the hospital was understaffed. I just thought that someone else was dying and we weren't.

Nurses were busy and clerical personnel when quizzed would say something like "We are really busy tonight". That was in those other hospitals in other emergency rooms.