Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Richie.

I didn't realize that you are disabled.

I don't read every post on here.

I apologize if I have been insensitive.
I'm not disabled to any great extent Gracie, and I'm fine with you and your comments. I know your comments come from faith in your fellow man and the goodness of your heart, but I just don't trust in my fellow man's goodness very easily; I want evidence, individual by individual.

In 1999 I was in an accident while on my motorcycle (last day i rode one after 25 years of incident free glorious riding). The worst injury was my left leg was shattered. It was rebuilt with implants in my left femur and left tibia. It's not a pretty leg but it works. My knee on that leg gives me problems with pain when I walk too long or have to climb stairs. I cannot run because of the cartilage problems in that knee, and a bit of arthritis, I'm told.

It's the implants that are an issue only at the airport. I use to go right through, but it seems that they must be setting the metal detectors with readings that detect my implants more readily, because the last few times I flew I was pulled aside. Back then when they got to your sensitive areas they cursorily patted them down with the back of the hand. It was still uncomfortable to me. I won't permit the new enhanced patdowns to be performed on me and I'll undoubtedly cause a scene which won't be pleasant for me or anyone else flying with me. It's better I don't attempt this.