View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Let me try to explain why people want to take their dogs with them everywhere.

Your dog shows you a reflection of the best part of yourself. The part of you that you wish everyone could see and acknowledge.

When you spend time with a dog who knows you well, and whom you know well, there is a strong connection between the two of you. The two of you can communicate with each other with a quick glance, with the sound of your breath, or the tap of a finger or paw. It is a language only you two share.

When your dog is having fun, you can feel it in your heart. It is very fulfilling to bring joy and pleasure to a dog, because they express their feelings so openly.

Most dogs like meeting new people and other dogs because they are very social beings and love interaction.

If a dog loves you, there is no place they would rather be than with you. And seeing their disappointment when they know you are leaving them behind tugs at your heart.

If these are things you don't understand, or cannot comprehend, then you might consider spending time getting to really know the heart, emotions and intelligent mind of a dog. Until that connection is something you have experienced, it will be impossible for you to understand.
K-9, that is beautiful and really nails it. I love the joy in dogs' eyes when they comprehend they're not being left at home, but will be able to be with their humans.

I could really relate to Dee's story about her sheepdog.

Of course I would never take my dogs to the square when it is crowded. I wouldn't lock my dogs in the car on a hot day. I wouldn't walk my dogs on the hot pavement. However I think that taking my dogs to the Square on a night that isn't busy is a treat for me, and a treat for them. I always carry my little dog 10 (lbs) if there are people around. My 70 lb dog, Lolli Pop, is so busy getting and giving love, there is always a line-up to pat her.

Isn't it wonderful seeing all the ponds full of water and all the wildlife splashing around? Gotta love The Villages, it is so pretty.