View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Default ER

In the three emergency rooms I have worked in the past, no employee would ever estimate how long a wait the patient would have. It depends on so many factors. The RED flags must stand out in understanding the severity. i believe it is all in how you describe your symptoms, severity, length of time you have been hurting. I want to give you an true example.

Two brothers were high on a scaffolding when they came in contact with electric wires. Their boss tried to knock them away to save their lives. We worked on the brothers desparately trying to save their lives. There was all this commmotion going on and most of the Er was filled . One demanded that he be seen immediately due to a fish hook caught in his face. The wives of the brothers were screaming and it was chaos. The Brothers died. They were young. When all was settled down and the ER was back to normal, a man walked up and asked to be seen. It was the brothers boss. His feet were burned because his shoes blew off trying to save the brothers! He was in severe pain but had been waiting patiently because he was not dying. He got it.

No one knows what is going on, when you are on the outside ,waiting to get inside the ER.