View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Have to agree with the original post. We have crossed the line on many things. Latest cell phones, electronics and entertainment, thousands on pet care, while in our country there are children that go to bed hungry every night who do not receive medical and dental care.

Ask the Marion County Schools about the children living in Ocala National Forest in cardboard shacks or tents who only get a decent meal at school and go home on weekends with donated backpacks that contain food for the weekend.
Hancle, thanks for the post. That is exactly the idea I was trying to get across, which you expressed perfectly.

ilovetv - your message "I don't see anything wrong with getting others' viewpoints here on things going askew in society. Lord knows, many things ARE askew. Lots of good points were made from different perspectives." is very apt.

If we are to be dismissed because we have a different opinion about something, why have a discussion group? The whole point of an online group like this is to hear everyone's opinion. Sometimes, when a person with a different perspective points out a fact or an observation, it makes people wake up and say to themselves, "I never realized that", or "yes, that person is right, I could be doing more to help others", or whatever the discussion is about.