View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 06:55 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate....

The Villages is still a very "seasonal" community(November-April).
Suppose alot of these business only make money in those months, and operate in the red in the remaining(feeding expences from seasonal savings). Certianly, I have witnessed many organizations in other highly seasonal demegraphics close their doors in the off season; pocketing the profits from a lucritive season...as opposed to re-investing them back into the year-round residents and staff.

Personally, If I owned a business in the villages, and I did not recieve your full cooperation and support in "season" when I needed it most.. You could go somewhere else in the off season as well... (remember, the good restaurants and country clubs get better in the off season, and the bad ones get worse or go out of business).

Can we think for 2 seconds...of all the courtesies these establishments extend, exclusively to those of us who are here in the "off-season"(I am only there in the off season, blessed)...The promotions and specials, the ability to pick-up tables in the dining rooms as we come in sweaty off the golf course, extended happy-hours, the extra time owners, management, and staff get to spend visiting with us?? Consider these things are done in gratitude... cause it's not making them more money.

I suggest we get over thinking these business' owe us something because of year-round residency...it entitles you to "NOTHING".

Thanks for what you said Irish...and Russ, you're always "the man".
Thank you. Very Well put. We have that here in RI and I do miss some of the places I go when they are closed.