View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo;3***65
John - I think if you do what I'd consider to be a reasonable amount of investigation looking into expenses related to owning a home in TV, nothing will really come as a surprise. EVERYTHING you'd need/want to know can easily be found on TOTV.

On the other hand, Sandy and I met a fellow in TV last Oct. when we were there 'kicking tires'/looking around at new builds. We all got to chatting about TV-related things and he mentioned he was on the brink of buying quickly as he was really wanting to be in TV. Had his place back home sold, etc., etc. I mentioned something about the bonds usually being higher, apples to apples, on new construction versus resales. His reaction???? "Bond? What do you mean by 'bond'?" WHEW!!! His uppers about hit the pavement!!! The poor fellow knew nothing about the concept of bonds on homes......but was very glad it got mentioned!!!

Given the effort we put in up front, I feel like we knew everything that would be involved before we took the plunge and have had no surprises....and no regrets.....since.

Bill
Bill, you are so right. We've done a good bit of asking during our 7 visits, even to include going to First Mortgage a few years ago to see how much house we qualify to buy. Certainly know what a Bond is. Guess that guy was surprised. Have bought several homes, so am familiar with the usual costs there.

Was just wondering, if anything jumped out and bit you upon your arrival. We certainly expect the usual costs with moving into a new place. Just want to avoid a, "oh, by the way, you'll owe another $1,000 for this"!!

Thanks to TOTV and the wealth of knowedge you good folks provide us "gonnabees", we should all have a good idea of what to expect. And don't think for a minute we aren't grateful and appreciative! WE ARE!!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR SHARING!