View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
:We are leaving this Friday to travel to TV. We are going to buy a home while we are there. I have a few questions and I know I will get good advise here.

First, what are the pros and cons of Siding vs Stucco. We are leaning to Stucco but there are sure some cute homestyles in siding. What is needed for maintenance on each type. What are the drawbacks. I have heard there is a problem with siding. Does it still exist. I once got lactic acidosis and only had a 1/3 million chance of getting it. If I purchase siding, my house would probably be the one effected. IS this still an issue?

Since our friends are all south of 466 we will probably go that route. I thought it might be advantageous to stay close to Canal Street. Yes or no...or does it matter? Where is the New town square located. I am sure it is on here somewhere but can't seem to find it.

Is there anything I can't live without... or will be sorry I did? Golf cart garage or no? Anything I am not thinking of? Thanks in advance. If you see a short, pleasing but quite plump, medium blonde grinning from ear to ear this weekend and the next week, it will be me, Say HI. Sally
Sally, they got off your original question, but that's easy to do here! We were thinking stucco at first, but I'm not as concerned about that. Now that I have my favorite courses (Hacienda, Tierra, Mallory, Havana) we are looking for something on Morse, either North or just South of 466. We have stayed off Canal, and to get to Morse we had to go South to Odell, which was out of the way, or go North to Stillwater, but you have to go left and under the tunnel on Buena Vista and then back to Morse (another out of the way). So we are looking at location first, then hopefully something in our price range. Would love a golf cart garage for the added space, but that is down on the list.

Brownwood will be a good ways away from most everyone now, except Hemingway and maybe Duval or those back towards 466A.

We have heard multiple times that the average Villager moves 3 times. My guess is once they developed favorite courses, friends, or activities they decided to move closer or more convenient to those things. IMHO.

SO, I would suggest finding a house or villa in your price range, keeping in mind the ease of getting to your priority places, i.e. friends, squares, golf, etc.

Just my "2-cents"!! I'm envious that you are closer to being permanent than we are, but I'm still excited for you nevertheless!!!