View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Default Home Spec Mystery

Hello All You Villagers and Villagers to be,

I am well acquainted with The Villages including its high energy level and its wonderful residents. In fact, I would like to build a new home there wtihin the next few months. I even have a deposit on a lot.

The MYSTERY is that neither the real estate agent nor management
will supply a "spec. sheet" for any house, though I have asked multiple times over several months.

Yes, they will tell you it will have low e-windows and a heat pump, but will not tell me the window manufacturer nor the make and SEER rating of the heat pump. They will say it will be concrete block and have a concrete slab but will not say if the concrete block is steel reinforced, nor the PSI of the concrete slab. They will say the interrior of the house will be done in drywall but will not even say whether there is an insulation barrier between the concrete block and the drywall on the inside. I don't know why the "specs" are a secret.

I've owned a number of homes including in a gated community and the builder offered all the "specs" without even being asked. Moreover, they would gladly answer any clarifying questions about any part of the building process.

Is there any homeowner out there in The Villages or a potential buyer of a new home in The Villages that was able to access "spec" information
about their home or home to be or have any comments about this MYSTERY?

Getting Worried about THE MYSTERY
Thanks very much for your comments