View Single Post

Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Gracie.. We can no longer "adjust our actions and speech" because crazy people somewhere might get violent. Burning the Koran was a statement that he disagrees with the PARTS of that book that are inspiring violence. The violent response to his actions PROVES his point. Those extremists are using that book to justify VIOLENCE. I did not see liberals condemning burning of bibles, or terrible depictions of Jesus, Mary, and the Christian religion. Liberals trumpeted free speech in response to those acts BECAUSE Christians do not react violently, they turn the other cheek. We cannot tell people dont use your free speech because someone will react VIOLENTLY. That is exactly what those VIOLENT people are hoping to accomplish.
Well...it also may be testosterone rather than estrogen (the little I have left) speaking for us.

Fight and defend vs. nurture and protect.

It doesn't seem right to me.

Plus when you start pounding Holy Scripture and quoting, that gets real messy and open to interpretation.

I know which part of the Quran you don't like. I don't like it either, but what a mess we have now...and right here in Florida.

I don't like other people starting fights for me.

Plus...you know what it says in the Bible, "A meek answer turneth away all wrath," and "Turn the other cheek.."

The "eye for an eye" is in there too, but like most people I choose what supports my views.

OH MY, now I am quoting Scripture. Not like me at all.