Annual Maintenance 4.17

Total monthly cost to operate an Electric Cart 49.53

Gas
Based on 10 miles per day average
40 mpg @ 4.00 Per gallon 30.00
Battery 6 years=80 0.11
Annual Maintenace 5.39

Total cost to operate a Gas Cart 35.50

Like I said this information was given to me by the Villages Golf Car Store, and they sell both gas and electric carts.
I have a speedometer on mine and I`m getting around 43 miles to the gallon
I keep a tow rope in my cart so I can tow my friends electric cart when his batteries die.
I think these figures (for the electric cart) presume that you have run the batteries down completely every day. You will probably find that many days (depending on where you live) you only go 5-10 miles and some days don't use them at all. Rarely do we run ours all the way down.

Electric bill here seems pretty cheap to me, considering all the appliances we run (2 fridges, washing machine, DW run almost daily, all the little lighted switches, ceiling fans, hair dryer, toaster oven used a LOT, computer, modem, etc.). We have gas heat, stove & dryer, water heater.

Last 3 electric bills avg about $67, including probably 2 days of A/C and many days of heat (using electric fan). LOTS of houseguests during this period. Keep in mind we have TWO (2) electric carts, plugged in nearly every night. The charger turns off when carts are fully charged.