View Single Post

Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=faithfulfrank;343678]I understand that the developer needs to maintain his profit margin using the economies of volume buying the same models, etc, but I would think a buyer could have a bit more latitude....

But as said before, 95% of folks are not that picky. I am in that 5%.

The sad thing is, many things are just not feasible to upgrade later. One is not going to just throw away a houseful of windows and pay the labor and material cost to upgrade to better ones, or an A/C unit, etc.....

As a supplier of building materials to contractors , I do understand your point. My only question is why do you need this before the building process?

The builder can and will change vendors over time. By the time you actually begin construction on your home, the brand he told you in the beginning may have changed due to a number of reasons. If this happens he then has broken a verbal contract with you. As long as he meets the codes and the quality of products stated in your contract there should be no issue.

Obviously after the products have arrived you can see what they are and research them yourself. If they do not meet what is stated in your contract, then you can dispute that with the builder.

The reason I point this out is that people can a do want to micromanage their home building and then slow down the process causing the builder time and money. THEN they come back and want to know why their home is taking so long to build.