View Single Post

Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Jack, Welcome... I do not have K-9s extensive knowledge of our furry friends, nor PT's writing ability, but here is how I see it.

We walk our doggy around the yard first thing in the a.m. to let him relieve himself. We then walk to a large common area near a pond. here he lets all the other doggies know that "Finley wuz here" just as K9 describes. By doing this he is less likely to need to marinate in someone's lawn. he loves to walk along the curbing at the edge of the road, but has been trained not to stray onto others' property. We use a 6 foot loose leash to walk him.

Is there ever a time that need gets the better of him to either urinate or defecate? I'm sure there is, but cannot remember a time lately. However, he is no longer a pup, but still young. We need to make allowances for the older doggies - like us stuff doesn't work the way it used to.

Most people will understand. Some will not. Others will not train their dogs to respect others property by giving them ample time "to go" in designated areas. I think that those who don't understand are often a factor of those pet owners who don't care, and it sounds to me as if you do care so not to worry.

k
thanks..........