View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Gold member
Default I do not forget

I remember my first foreign car it was and Isuzu Impulse, 1988. When I bought it, it had all the extras that I wanted in a car, at half the price of a similar American car. Yes it had sun roof, cruse control, power everything, it also had a great turn signal that could be activated with the index finger without removing you hand from the steering wheel. All these extras were not extras - but standard. Those additional feature on any American car would have probably doubled the price. I will never forget how Detroit lied or withheld the whole truth. I guess according to Detroit I really never needed seat belts and would probably still not have them, until Ralph Nader started asking questions. Maybe it is because I was not flying a fighter plane, or driving a race car. - I had a battery that would last Maybe three years if you are lucky while the mars rover was sending picture back to earth for five years with a battery probably the size of my fingernail. Oh I really believe you could not make a better battery that the only time Ii used it was to start my car, then the generator took over - yea right. I watched on television fighter planes landing on a runway in a typhoon, in the Philippines at maybe 150 MPH on two wheels and not skid off the runway. While I would slid through a stop sign if someone spit on the street. So these pulsating brakes were available - but i probably did not need them as I was not in a fighter plane - Don't even think about MPG, best keep secret in the world. Funny how when mandated to increase gas mileage, how fast it can be done, in the time limit allowed. Just think if there was a new discovery to replace oil dependency how the world economy would totally collapse, unless it is phased in gradually. Sorry to carry on but this is my therapy. If anyone wants to buy only American made then be ready for double the prices. I would love to but I can't really afford it.