View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by same View Post
Why not just go to one of the "urgent care" facilities in The Villages, and if they can't take care of the problem, they will call 911 and you will be taken to the hospital and probably be seen right away.
ALOT of times....and I'm not reading all the posts here...people go to the ER when in fact they should have gone to Urgent Care first. Up north, where I'm from, this is what is encouraged. "IF" you need to be admitted then they'll send you over to the ER/hospital and then the "big guns" get involved. So many go for what they deem "important" and then have to wait. For instance===a few years ago my spouse had an incident where he needed medical attention. We were in a strange town and Urgent Care is where we first went. This was what we needed to do. They said they couldn't take care of us and we'd need to get to the hospital ER. When we got there..."spouse's" case wasn't "LIFE Threatening" so while they ministered to us, we had a loooonnnggg wait before we really had the care we were there for. BUT there were car accidents and other more serious things happening. The triage was being done in order to the seriousness of the cases. We, as lay-people, don't see that thus our frustration. I've heard VERY good things about TVH and I'm keeping a very open mind to that report. I will say in our case (up north) after it being said and done...our situation was cared for and eventually we were sent on our way.