View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvriley2000 View Post
Last week i came down with kidney stones, let me say they are very very painful. The attack came on fast. With the pain i went to the Villages Hospital. I was told there is a five hour wait in the emergancy room yes 5 hours.

I drove to Leesburg hospital and it was almost an hour. I can"t believe five hour wait. I was in buisness for years and this sounds like mismanagement. With the amount of people and the age in the villages its just not right. Befor i decided to tell this i called to se how much of a wait the other night. I didn"t get the answer i was hoping for. It was the same about five hours. Been talking with nieghbors and seems people know this is more common than not.

I enjoy the Villages and how nice it is But know i am scared to get hurt here with this situation. Would like to hear from others.
The problem with ER's is the fact that they are "for emergencies" and too many people use ER's when they should be going to an Urgent Care.
One of our loved ones works in an ER in another state and she said that it infuriates docs when people come in for simple procedures that should be taken care of by their primary physicians or at an Urgent Care. Trying to filter through all the minor problems, causes long waits, at times, for true emergencies.

411 Urgent Care on 441 across from Wal Mart is open all night and they are
friendly and efficient. Please pass it on.