View Single Post

Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Default Oliver's human friends

All,

Well...still looking.

I had some good sightings over the weekend: near Enrique/Margharita, one off Idlewood, and one in Springdale.

People who are seeing Oliver tend to be seeing him in one of two ways: a) he is "visiting" their cats from the other side of the window/lanai door and the indoor cats are reacting excitedly, or b) he is out sunning himself in someone's back yard. If you see him doing the latter, please approach him quietly and s-l-o-w-l-y so you don't frighten him. That way he can be corraled into an enclosed space easier than if takes off again. If anyone needs to borrow a humane/havahart trap, please contact me privately and I'll arrange it.

Less commonly, I have become aware that some of the hungry formerly domesticated cats are active Sunday nights or on Monday mornings when the trash is put out. I had one report over the weekend that someone had seen Oliver the prior Sunday night. However, I sat out two nights ago waiting for him....and no Oliver.

The cat seen near The Villages High school is indeed orange but has more white on him that Ollie does. That cat's tail was white at the end, sort of like a big fluffy white light bulb. Oliver's tail tip is rust-colored. However, it was good lead and I left some tuna fish out for that cat so he could eat well, at least for onece. One to be a good person, and two I didn't want to drive around with an open can of very odorous tunafish in the car. Not to worry, I also circled back for the tin in the morning and disposed of it properly.

I am still trying to find Oliver and get him contained. Many people have suggested leaving a garage door open about 10 inches so he can get in. Someone saw him run into someone else's garage ah, er 3 weeks ago (and was shooed out shortly thereafter). He was shooed out as everyone thought of him as a stray. I am assuming by now that he and his collar have become separated.

Oliver seems to have gone all over the Villages and/or there are many orange tabby cats.

Thanks again, everyone and I will keep trying!

Marcia