View Single Post

Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
As both a proud Vietnam Veteran, (USAF) and an active supporter of wounded veterans, (Grateful American Coin) I am also disappointed to learn this event was canceled. From what was written, it was well thought out and planned and would have been a great tribute to both Veterans and our Troops serving today. I think we can all agree there is nobody more deserving of recognition then our military heroes and veterans.

There are always two sides to a story and it would be nice to hear from the other side exactly why they failed to support this event. I can understand the concern about damaging the polo field and the costs to repair. Perhaps some compromise might be reached agreeable to both sides? While it is too late for any celebration of this scale for 2011, perhaps with a meeting of the minds about the event, 2012 might be the year?
I am off campus, but I read in the POA newsletter that it was being held at the American Legion in early June. The American Legion grounds are contiguous to The Villages, right on Rolling Acres Road.

It wasn't cancelled.